The M6 series of Musical Fidelity is just above the middle of their Product hierarchy, and represents what we can characterize as moderate HighEnd. It consists of two integrated amplifiers and the CD player M6scd. The smallest of these integrated amplifiers is called M6si and was launched just over a year ago. The Power stagel of this forms the basis of today's newcomer.
M6 Encore 225.
Musical Fidelity M6 Encore 225 is far more than an integrated amplifier. We can start with CD - player with slot drive, which can also function as a CD - burner straight to the integrated hard drive of 1TB. This will provide space for more than 2,500 CDs in lossless quality. The hard drive can be upgraded if neccesary.
Musical Fidelity also state that M6 Encore 225 is compatible With several of today's wireless speakers, including Sonos. But without being further specified what this compatibility containes.
M6 Encore 225 has otherwise a good selection of inputs - 3 analog line inputs and 4 digital. In addition, there are 4 USB - A, and one USB - B, in addition to an ethernet - contact.
The front is dominated by a large color display, which obviously is able to display graphics in addition to information about what might be going on.
The heart of the device is a 64 bit processor from Intel, with 2GB of RAM. At the other end of the signal chain we find the previously mentioned power amplifier which is obtained from M6si. 225 watts into 8 ohms is definitely more that your average integrated amplifier, not to mention in multi tasking productsr as M6 encore 225.
We do not know the price in Norway yet, but the UK Price is around 4.000 UKP
M6 Encore 225 - Specifications
- Power output: 225 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- THD (+ noise): <0.007 % typical 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >107dB ‘A’ - weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- 3 x Line Level RCA 300mV nominal 2V typical up to 7V rms
- 2 x optical S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 2 x coax S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 1 x USB 3.0 type ‘A’ connector
- 1 xUSB 3.0 type “B” connector (for future expansion)
- 3 x USB2.0 type ‘A’ connector (1 front, 2 rear)
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet connector
- 1x line level FIXED 2.0V @ 0dBFS (300mV rms nominal, >6V rms max)
- 1x line level PREAMP variable outputs (>6V rms max) (Preamp gain, line input to PREAMP outputs is 4.5x (13dB) at maximum volume)
- Headphone output suitable for headphones impedance 8 ohms to ∞. (Headphone output features independent volume setting)
- Speaker outputs 1 pair 4mm banana plugs per channel
- 1x optical S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- 1x coax S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- Internal storage 2.5” 1 TB SATA II hard disk (included) or SSD (future upgradeable)
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 125 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 16.6 kg/ 21.3 kg
Read more about M6 Encore 225 at Musikal Fidelity