RECORD NEWS: 2L - Spes. Traditional Sami music meets western sacred music.Written by Karl Erik Sylthe
2L publishes new Pure Audio Blu-ray with the choir Cantus. Here it is music of several composers, within a common thematic framework. And this will be a release with the 3D format Auro-3D from 2L.
Frode Fjellheim is a Sami composer and musician, born in Mosjøen but resident in Trondheim. On this release he is main composer, in addition to being a performer. He collaborates with the choir Cantus, a collaboration which has an origin for more than 20 years ago. And it got a highlight when they together made the opening track to the Disney film Frozen in 2013. And the music they make on Spes is a fusion of traditional Sami music and western sacred music.
There are a number of other composers represented on this release. We notice especially Kim Andrè Arnessen, who is a composer of the work Magnificat on the fresh 2L release of the same title. But there is also music by Ēriks Ešenvalds, Mia Makarof, Eva Ugalde, Ko Matsushita, Nystedt and Franz Xaver Biebl.
Recordings are made in Uranienborg Church, a much used church for recordings by 2L and other record labels.
This release is a two-disc Pure Audio Blu-ray, which in addition to Blu-ray album holds a hybrid multichannel SACD. The recording is that we are accustomed to from 2L performed in DXD - 24bit / 3984kHz, and on Blu-ray disc we find traces with DTS HD MA in 24/192 and 24/192 stereo. Equally interesting is that this release also has a track in the 3D format Auro-3D, in the form of 9.1 24/96. It seems that this format which is now available on receivers and processors from Denon and Marantz, eventually becomes a compulsory additional tracks on 2L`s releases in Pure Audio Blu-ray.
Release date is set to April 2015.
Latest from Karl Erik Sylthe
- Audiophile.no intervjuer Qobuz
- Qobuz har kommet til Norge
- En ettermiddagskonsert hos Eksakt HiFi med Linn Klimax DSM 2021
- Audio Pro C10 MkII – toppmodellen som utvider repertoaret
- Logitech avslutter produksjonen av Harmony universalfjernkontroller
- EVO 75 og 150 – to helt nye streaming-forsterkere fra Cambridge Audio
- TEST: Sonos Roam – en liten gigant på farten
- TEST: FreeBuds 4i – tidenes rimeligste ANC-plugger fra Huawei
- Pro-ject VTA it – en nyttig liten dings som koster next to nothing
- Acoustic Tuning ny importør av STROMTANK
- Clear MG – Ny oppgradert HighEnd hodetelefon fra Focal
- Mu-so 2nd Gen Wood edition – etablert Naimteknologi får ny drakt
- Beoplay Portal – B&O sine aller første hodetelefoner for gaming
- PH-1000 – eksklusiv toppmodell phonotrinn fra Gold Note
- Linn Klimax DSM 2021 – en helt ny flaggskipgenerasjon
- Beoplay HX – nye oppgraderte ANC-hodetelefoner som følger i H9 sine fotspor
- Sennheiser IE 100 PRO Wireless – to InEar hodetelefoner i en pakning
- TEST: Triangle BR03 – Budsjetthøyttalerne som utfordrer tariffen
- Roam – etterlengtet kompakt bærbar fra Sonos
- Sennheiser «Drop`er» ny XX HighEnd modell i HD800-serien.