RECORD NEWS: 2L - Spes. Traditional Sami music meets western sacred music.Written by Karl Erik Sylthe
2L publishes new Pure Audio Blu-ray with the choir Cantus. Here it is music of several composers, within a common thematic framework. And this will be a release with the 3D format Auro-3D from 2L.
Frode Fjellheim is a Sami composer and musician, born in Mosjøen but resident in Trondheim. On this release he is main composer, in addition to being a performer. He collaborates with the choir Cantus, a collaboration which has an origin for more than 20 years ago. And it got a highlight when they together made the opening track to the Disney film Frozen in 2013. And the music they make on Spes is a fusion of traditional Sami music and western sacred music.
There are a number of other composers represented on this release. We notice especially Kim Andrè Arnessen, who is a composer of the work Magnificat on the fresh 2L release of the same title. But there is also music by Ēriks Ešenvalds, Mia Makarof, Eva Ugalde, Ko Matsushita, Nystedt and Franz Xaver Biebl.
Recordings are made in Uranienborg Church, a much used church for recordings by 2L and other record labels.
This release is a two-disc Pure Audio Blu-ray, which in addition to Blu-ray album holds a hybrid multichannel SACD. The recording is that we are accustomed to from 2L performed in DXD - 24bit / 3984kHz, and on Blu-ray disc we find traces with DTS HD MA in 24/192 and 24/192 stereo. Equally interesting is that this release also has a track in the 3D format Auro-3D, in the form of 9.1 24/96. It seems that this format which is now available on receivers and processors from Denon and Marantz, eventually becomes a compulsory additional tracks on 2L`s releases in Pure Audio Blu-ray.
Release date is set to April 2015.
Latest from Karl Erik Sylthe
- Sennheiser «Drop`er» ny XX HighEnd modell i HD800-serien.
- Spotify StreamOn – Spotify lanserer HiFI
- TEST: Primare I15 Prisma – En moderne integrert med alle rettigheter
- Beosound Level – oppdatert presentasjon av Malte Erich Elborg, Global Product Manager i B&O
- Rega Planar 1 og 1 Plus 2021 – en forsiktig evolusjon
- TEST: Sennheiser Momentum TW 2 – ørepluggene med audiofile tilbøyeligheter
- Focal Celestee – ny lukket hodetelefon fra Saint Etienne
- Beosound Level – nyskapning fra Struer
- Rega Kyte – ny og annerledes høyttaler fra Rega
- TEST: Dynavoice Challenger CA802 BT – integrert multikunstner i microformat
- TEST: Dragonfly Cobalt – den største øyenstikkeren i familien Dragonfly
- Dacmagic 200M – første DAC fra Cambridge Audio som støtter MQA
- Indy ANC - first totally wireless In Ear from Skullcandy
- Indy ANC – første helt trådløse In Ear fra Skullcandy
- Elac Solano – ny høyttalerserie i mellomklassen fra Elac
- Sennheiser IE 300 – nye in-ear hodetelefoner for audiofile?
- Mono As overtar agenturet for Cambridge Audio i Norge
- iFi iDSD Diablo – ny heftig DAC fra Southport
- Galaxy Unpacked 2021 – eller hvor går Samsung?
- Hegel V10 – Nytt phonotrinn fra Bent Holter